Friday, December 22, 2023

T-Mobile Installs Spamware on Devices



I did not want this installed. I did not ask for this to be installed.  It does not permit me to disable notifications.  It is annoying the hell out of me, recommending apps that I would never be interested in.  What is the point?

This article helped me figure out how to shut it down permanently, though the steps are not exactly right.  It refuses to permit uninstall of the app.



Here's my mod on the process:

- Settings
- Apps
- Find App
- Force Stop
- Disable App
- Roll back Updates

Magically, the app is gone now, along with its evil twin sister AppManager.

Go figure.

This is what T-Mobile says about this spamware / spyware / malware that it likes to add during setup >  T-Mobile AppManager & AppSelector | T-Mobile Support

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here. You gotta have a Google account though.

Popular Variations