Friday, June 14, 2024

Out of Network Surprise


Last night, I received information from my insurance company that they had not paid quite as much as I assumed they would for some tests related to recent services.  The charges were identified as "Out of Network."

I was a little furious about that, thinking various indignant thoughts.  What right does a doctor have to incur charges on your behalf, without your permission?  None, in my opinion.  How am I supposed to know they are sending tests out that will not be covered by my insurance?  How is anyone supposed to adjust for that? There will be war if they try to bully payment out of me.


Now I am convinced they can go flog themselves if they think they are getting paid for these services.

I am also drafting a form for medical providers to sign, since they want me to sign so many.  The form will confirm their understanding that I will not be responsible for Out of Network charges.  I suspect there will be pushback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Variations